Webb Plantation

The Rev. William Eastwick Graham, Rector of St. Helena’s Parish, on January 18, 1798, doubtlessly in  Zion Chapel of Ease, officiated at the wedding of Thomas Webb (1769-1816) to Lydia Davant (1780-1824), daughter of planter James Davant and heiress to Lot 31 of Bayley’s Barony, 323 acre Possum Point Plantation. They made their home on Webb’s 400 acre Marshlands Plantation, formerly Lot 22 of Bayley’s Barony.  There their four children: Samuel B. (1799-1836), William, John and Robert Thomas (1807-1842) were born. William Fripp Chaplin bought Marshlands after 1820 from the estate of Thomas Webb.

Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 43



---
South Carolina Genealogy & History Library

The Heritage Library Foundation
852 William Hilton Parkway | 2nd FloorSuite A-2
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928
p. 843.686.6560 | f. 843.686-6506