John’s Island

After Captain John Gascoigne bought Hog Island in 1729 from the Bayley heirs, it was known as John’s Island until acquired by Captain John Talbird in the Revolutionary era.

Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 23



---
South Carolina Genealogy & History Library

The Heritage Library Foundation
852 William Hilton Parkway | 2nd FloorSuite A-2
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928
p. 843.686.6560 | f. 843.686-6506