Ferguson Plantation

Fast Facts:

General Information - Location - south side of Broad Creek, Lot 28 of Bayley’s Barony.

Owners -

  • Estall Laurence, lessee
  • Mr. Ferguson, apparently a son of John and Mary Ferguson of St. Helena’s Island, acquired the plantation in 1783.
  • Eventually incorporated into Shipyard Plantation.

Land - 316 acres

Map - "Mosse, Hilton Head Island, 1783   Lot 28"

Bibliography -

    Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names

Additional Information:

In 1783 Mr. Ferguson, apparently a son of John and Mary Ferguson of St. Helena’s Island, acquired a 316-acre plantation on the south side of Broad Creek, Lot 28 of Bayley’s Barony, formerly leased by Estall Laurence and eventually incorporated into Shipyard Plantation.

Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development). p. 14.



---
South Carolina Genealogy & History Library

The Heritage Library Foundation
852 William Hilton Parkway | 2nd FloorSuite A-2
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928
p. 843.686.6560 | f. 843.686-6506